The International Board of Directors of The Shepherd and Mother of Light (SML) met in Egypt, on Thursday, October 19th, 2017. Mr. Samir Kozman, the President of SML in Egypt, hosted the meeting alongside other SML Board Members, with representatives from around the world in attendance. From Care 4 Needy Copts in America, there was Ms. Laila Sidhom, President of the Board of Directors and Dr. Samy Metyas, Member of the Board of Directors; from SML Australia, there was Mr. Ramy Mansour; and from Canada, there was Mr. Mahfouz Nasralla. The purpose of the meeting was to discuss the vision of SML, both inside and outside of Egypt, in order to raise the level of the service for the sake of the needy.
The participants confirmed the following:
- The International Board will issue a thank you letter to H.H. Pope Tawadros thanking him for his support and guidance in the past and present.
- The Board agreed on serving inside Egypt and outside with the same methodology.
- There will be joint activities and meetings to support the service and to achieve the desired objectives.
- The agreed to continue expanding the service and searching for the poorest of the poor, especially those who are deprived of basic services in health, social services, and education.
- The attendees acknowledged that the ownership of Raie Misr hospital had been transferred to the church under the contract of waiver of legal agents and are awaiting the decision of His Holiness the Pope to entrust its administration to the right people.